Thursday, May 26, 2005

Racquetball, horse racing and politics

I got up before 6 am to go play racquetball with my optometrist friend Jad. He is about my age and better at the sport than I. However, I actually won a game. On the way back I stopped at Johnson's for coffee and breakfast. Tiny and Pedro were there and we talked a lot about horse racing. Pedro owns race horses and gave me his take on the Kentucky Derby and Preekness and showed my how to read a racing form. This afternoon I am going to the Hargraves Hoedown to support his candidacy for state rep. It was more of a cocktail party than a hoedown but the hoedown may be another event that Bob puts on. This will be my first time at such a function. I had a nice talk with his wife who said that Bob is in favor of stem cell research because their daughter in law has a neurological problem. The lieutenant governor was there and made a short speech. A very nice looking lady. She has come out in favor of drug testing in schools and I noted that I had expertise in that area.

No comments: