Wednesday, May 25, 2005

African Mali school children and Rotary and babies


Mali school children Posted by Hello

I was at Johnson's early but none of the gang was there so I moved on to Skip's for the Rotary meeting. People were slow to arrive and there was no presentation so we all just talked . Deb seems to be doing well with her pancreatic cancer. She got gifts from our Rotary group for the babies that Gabby and Kara just had. Both all are doing well. Jad challenged me to a racquetball game tomorrow at 7:00 am so I will need to practice today in spite of the cold and rain. I signed up for a trial of a new on-line magazine from Nature and it was rather good.
Judy L. gave me her tape on a visit to a school in Mali Africa. Judy is into African dance and has made several trips to Mali. She is working on supporting a new school in a town somewhere in Mali. Judy gave me a tape of a visit to the current school and I transformed it into a DVD that she can use in her fund raising efforts. Earlier this year she with a number of others gave a dance demonstration in the town of Harvard MA that was very well attended and resulted in several thousand dollars for the cause. I am helping her do presentations for local Rotary groups among others.

No comments: