Monday, September 05, 2005

Sailing the coast of Maine





It is a beautiful end of summer day and I am about to leave for a week of sailing down east with a friend from Colorado. He once had the same boat as I but in San Francisco Bay. This same make and model of boat was once owned by Senator John Kerry’s father and mother who took it over to Europe and back. They must have been a gutsy couple. My friend’s son and family live in Old Orchard Beach and his wife will be spending time with them while the two old salts are off on their adventure. The picture of the big black shape diving under my boat is of a whale that decided to check us out on a trip several years ago. I like whale watching but from someone else’s boat. This one came a little too close for comfort. Well here goes!

No comments: