Friday, November 04, 2005

Recovery from knee surgery for the removal of a torn meniscus




Today the excellent doctor that took out my torn meniscus took out the stitches from the arthroscopic surgery he did about a week and a half ago in Nashoba hospital. Things are going well but the knee aches at night, especially if I have been hiking with my dog. Dr. H was nice enough to give me some pictures taken during the operation. The red stuff is arthritic inflimation if I understood him correctly. He scraped some of it out as long as he was in there. The torn meniscus can be seen in the third picture down on the right as a roll of tissue before its removal. The process has been very interesting except that I could have done without the pain and incapacitation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading some of your posts evolutionary. I was looking for wine refrigerator related information and found your site. I have a wine refrigerator site. You'll find everything about wine, gift baskets, Napa Valley wine tours, and how to keep your wine properly chilled until it's ready to drink. Come and check it out if you get time :-)