Monday, November 07, 2005

Hum’s Birthday and Dingy Retrieval



Happy birthday congratulations to Hum, Master of Fox Hounds and all around good guy.

Today Tiny and I drove up to South Freeport in my wife’s truck to bring my dingy home. I pulled it out of the water a couple of weeks ago to let the gunk on the bottom dry out. Today we pulled it up a ramp from the dock and put it in the back of the truck. It was tied in very well. My outboard had been winterized and could be brought it home as well. The day was mild but very windy. It was a coincidence that my Ericson 35 was still in the water. The staff at Brewers had winterized the systems. As we were about to leave Kristin was bringing it around from the dock to the rigging pit to have the mast removed for the winter. It will then be lifted out of the water and put on stanchions for the winter. Before too long they will shrink wrap it although the price of shrink wrap has gone up dramatically as the same plastic is used for siding that is in high demand due to recovery from the hurricanes. Hopefully my craft will be soon ready to sleep through the winter.

No comments: