Sunday, November 20, 2005

Fox Hunting and Flying



Yesterday I participated in another fantastic fox hunt through woods and fields a few miles from my home. I am a fox. It is wonderful that this region has so many conservation areas that protect the natural environment. Our local is developing rapidly and if the conservation groups weren’t active there would be little undeveloped land left in a few years. My wife led the field on her most experience jumper. The weather has been great so that horse has been getting quite a workout in the last few weeks.

Today a friend offered to take me for a ride in his plane. The weather was bright but cool providing for extensive visibility. We could easily see Mt. Monadnock in the distance. They directed the plane over my home and circled a few time so I could get some pictures. Our white horse looked a little nervous standing perpendicular to the sun for maximal exposure to the sun’s rays. Who says that horses aren’t adept at physics? I took some pictures with my little camera which only generates 3 megabyte pictures. My friend’s camera shoots 16 meg images. It can take highly detailed photos that are comparable to those taken on film even when printed in large format. It has been a long time since I have been up in a small plane and I really enjoyed the experience.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading some of your posts evolutionary. I was looking for wine cellar designs related information and found your site. I have a wine cellar designs site. You'll find everything about wine, gift baskets, Napa Valley wine tours, and how to keep your wine properly chilled until it's ready to drink. Come and check it out if you get time :-)