Sunday, December 11, 2005

Littleton Horse Owners Christmas Party and a Hanging Moose


Saturday I attended the LHOA Christmas Party at a local Chinese restaurant. It is always at a Chinese restaurant and as my wife doesn’t like Oriental food it is the only time that we go to such a restaurant. They always have a Yankee swap where one picks a number and chooses a gift in turn. The gift must be opened for all to see and you have a chance to exchange your gift for someone else’s. It is best to be first because at the end you can choose any gift. Second is worst as you only have one gift to choose from. I was 14th which is not a bad position. My gift was a lead rope which for some reason I traded for a Moose wall hanging (see photo). When my wife’s turn came she traded her gift, a ceramic holiday figure that would have to dusted, for the lead rope. I apologize to the guy who had both of use steal a gift from him. This club is big on awards and I got one for showing up (see photo). Some sage once said that 90% of life is just showing up.

No comments: