Saturday, July 01, 2006

Windsurfing on Lake Quannapowitt

It was a beautiful day with white fluffy clouds on an azure background. Although over the winter, a mouse had eaten two small holes in my sail, I decided to give it a try on lake Quannapowitt in Wakefield MA. It has been almost two years since my last sail but after a few seconds of uneasy equilibrium, it all came back with the foam bubbling up from the stern of the board as we speed over the waves. Two other windsurfers were also honing their skills but with smaller boards that need a higher wind velocity than my larger and older board. Today there was enough wind for both types. The first run went without difficulty but there were a few unscheduled dismounts later in the day. Now the wait to see how my muscles react.

No comments: