Thursday, October 20, 2005

Putting the boat to bed

Today Tiny and I drove up to South Freeport to get the dingy ready for the winter and take anything that would freeze off the Windchaser. I removed the motor from the dingy and took it into the marina for winterizing. The Dingy was full of water but we managed to pull it up on the dock and in the process remove most of the water. The bottom was a real mess with marine growth. I was considering taking it home in the truck but because of all the growth we just turned it over and put it in the dingy rack on the dock. I will go up in a few weeks to retrieve it and the winterized motor. Tiny and I took four garbage bags of stuff off the boat and carted it home. A lot of it was left over soda and water. It is amazing how much stuff one can store on a boat. Some of it we will use over the winter and some I will probably cart back up next Spring. It was rather windy so I didn’t remove the sails and will leave that for the dock crew.

Tiny and I had a nice lunch of lobster stew at the Muddy Rudder and headed west past lake Sebago, through Conway NH, over the Kancamagus trail and home on the NH pike. It was a beautiful ride although it was past foliage peak in the mountains.

No comments: