Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Medical Data Availability


Health Care Data
During my the workup of my knee problems a blood workup was done. The data from which I have entered into a spreadsheet that I keep containing results of previous tests. This allows me to evaluate my status over time. I highly recommend it. When in the emergency room I had to give my medical history three times. Each recitation was probably somewhat different with the last being most complete as past problems kept creeping into my mind as the day progressed. But I am sure that even the last attempt at full disclosure was incomplete. Such data should all be in a database that is instantly available to the physician of the moment. However, all the new privacy laws are making this more difficult even as technology makes it more doable. Hence I keep my own database. The tactic is good for the occasional review of the pace of my degeneration but not of much use if you don’t have your laptop in the emergency room. Perhaps I should put the file on my solid state “flash” drive so that the pertinent data could be entered into any local computer with a USB port.
During my latest clinical experience a CAT Scan was preformed. A picture of one scan in provided to prove to the doubters that I actually do have a brain

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Technology Blog Master Class
Posted by Stowe Boyd Applications are now being accepted for my first Master Class on Technology Blog Writing.
Hello, good blog! I will visit again.

I have a health insurance michigan site/blog. It has health insurance michigan information if you are interested.

Thanks and have a good day !

-----------------------------------------------------