Monday, May 07, 2007

Greece Santorini, Sinfos and Paros islands

We have just docked in Paros after a day and a night in Sifnos. Santorini is still my favorite and worth the trip by itself. Everything has been wonderful with great weather, a great room, nice fellow passengers (18) and views better than I expected. I got to try out some of the local transportation and was able to take the wheel as I let the captain use my GPS. There was none on the boat and they seem to steer by lights on the island they are passing. I don't know what they would do in a fog. Also, moored near me was a Russian family with a Russian captain who were cruising the Med. Valintine is ex-KGB but he said that he never saw my file and that we should bury the hatchet. The conversation was a lot of fun. He now runs a marina somewhere in Russia and plans to take his family to sea for a couple of years.






No comments: