Friday, May 11, 2007

Greece Pellopenese Athens Mycenae Olympia

Last night we ended up in a hotel near one of the many harbors. It had a roof-top restaurant and pool. Diving into that pool was a real delight late in the afternoon. In the evening I and a view from our boat went to another restaurant that was also rooftop and gave a truly beautiful view of the harbor with the surround hills aglow from the many homes. In the morning my car arrived as planed. A picture of the car guy and car is attached. To drop it off at the airport Tue morning he will meet me at 5:00 am at the departure area. Thus the picture so I can remember what he looks like. I hope this works.

After a challenging ride through downtown Athens I went to the autobahn and proceeded to the Pellopenese. My first stop was Mycenae and evidenced by the picture of me under the lions gate. Standing under this gate has been one of my goals for many years. After a viewing of Artimis's tomb which is a very large beehive shaped structure I started off for Olympia. What looked like a major route turned out to be a mountain road with incredible views of the mountains and lush green valleys. There was a lot of white knuckle driving over many switchbacks with nothing in the way of guard rails. A little over 100 km took me all afternoon but landed me in Olympia for the night. It is big enough for an internet cafe. The view from my rented computer is attached.







No comments: