Friday, August 12, 2005

Jeeps can be expensive

My jeep has over 250,000 miles and is costing me a lot. Perhaps it is time for a change. Earlier this summer they put in a new condenser for the air conditioning for a cheap $800. Today I took it in for the yearly inspection. The emergency brake was weak and hopefully just needs an adjustment. However, two tires were bad, one on the front and the other on the back. It seems that Jeep at the time had different tires on the front and the back that could not be interchanged. So I just get one of each, right? No. Goodyear no longer makes the tires so they tried to sell me four new tires even though two were in good shape but neither could be put with the other. I suggested that they use my spare and buy one tire that is close to what is required. Hopefully that is what they will do. Perhaps this $30 inspection will cost me less than several hundred dollars but I am not holding my breath.

No comments: